What is Sage
White sage, also called Salvia Apiana comes from the United States and Northwestern Mexico. White sage is the most commonly used smudging sage and it helps to purify its surroundings. Sage is such an amazing blessing that has been used world wide and in many cultures for centuries and all of the act for spiritual cleansing, spiritual purification. Sage can assist one with spiritual enlightenment and wisdom and also offers a layer of protection to its surroundings. Sage has a purification effect and its cleansing can help clear any negative energy. Sage is a balancer and will bring the energy of the environment back to the “now”. The smoke carries our intentions to the universe and in turn cleanses, heals and brings light to the space it is purifying.
5 Directions sage carries the properties of copal, desert sage, lavender sage, white sage and cedar.
When to Use
- When you move into a new home
- when you purchase a new item and want to clear all previous energy
- When cleansing your crystals
- When you are feeling depressed
- If you want to make your prayers stronger
- If you want to feel more connected to Spirit
- Purifying your sacred place
- Before meditations
- Before and after any psychic involvement
Different kinds of Sage
- White Sage- Most commonly used, used for healing and purifying
- Cedar- Helps prayers rise
- Sweet grass- Becoming rare, sweet grass helps bring positivity and good intentions
- Lavender- brings peace and wisdom
- Copal- Cleanses protects and purifies
- Desert Sage- Used during meditations, helps remove negative energy and detoxes the space of toxic vibrations
Items needed: Feather, Sage, Sweet grass, Abalone Shell
To use sage it is advised to first open all doors, cabinets and windows. Once your space is prepared, take a moment to relax yourself and let your mind drift to your inner being. Connect with your higher self and ask for divine healing and protection. Set your intentions within yourself and ask for your guides to assist you along your cleansing journey. Starting in the back of your space, Bless your sage bundle with the highest of intentions and light it with a wooden match. as the bundles begins to release a layer of smoke, lay it in your shell and begin using your feather to direct the smoke into all corners of the room. As your smoke rises as for the smoke to cleanse, heal and purify the air. ask the smoke to carry the toxics of the space away and to fill with light. Ensure the smoke hits every corner and inside everything that has an empty space. if there are spaces you are unable to get, visualize the smoke entering these spaces. as you exit this space, continue in this pattern throughout your desired space and exit. Follow up with sweet grass doing as you did with the sage asking for the highest of divine guidance and love to fill the cleansed and purified space.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.